MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENTS' ASSOCIATION (MESA) is established in the department with the following aims:
- To play a pivotal role in the development of students as engineers by various extracurricular activities.
- To inculcate an awareness among its members about various disciplines of Engineering.
- To provide a platform for developing soft skills of the members.
- To be an active organization of Mechanical Engineer to promote career interests among its members.
"Ultimate Goal is to create Responsible Citizens of India"
"To encourage scientific spirit by spreading scientific knowledge"
ANNUAL ACTIVITIES OF MESA:
MESA organizes following activities through the year:
- Welcome Program for the new batch of students (fresher’s welcome).
- Timely updating of web-site.
- Printing of MESA magazine.
- Maintaining contacts with alumni.
- Encouraging sports and cultural skills of students.
- Helping students in getting summer training.
- Organizing industrial visits and tours.
- Arranging farewell for the passing out batch.
- Organizing expert lectures and workshops.
OBJECTIVES OF MESA:
- To focus on the cutting edge technology and present it to the students in an interesting manner by means of lectures/talks, magazine articles, workshops, industrial trips etc.
- Promoting the interests of students in various technical areas pertaining to Mechanical Engineering.
- Giving relevant information to students to sustain their interest in their field-specific applications of Mechanical Engineering.
- Providing relevant knowledge of inter-disciplinary subjects.
- To aware the students about the scope for various career options.
- To convey timely information to students on the various research opportunities for Internships and higher studies available in India and abroad.
- To act as an interface between the students and the faculty for better interaction.
- Providing a platform for interaction between senior and junior students of the department by organizing social gatherings, fresher's welcome and farewell for final year students.
- Interacting with other technical societies, within and outside the institute to promote flow of knowledge.
- To promote the interaction between academia and industry by organizing Industrial visits, and expert lectures and facilitate in industrial training.
All students registered in Mechanical Engineering Department of GCOEAR, Awasari (Kd.) are eligible for membership.
The affairs of the MESA shall be governed by the executive committee.
The executive shall be composed of the following positions:-
- Faculty adviser
- Vice president
- Secretary, program activity group
- Publication secretary
- Sponsorship secretary
- Batch representative of respective years